Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Star Chart System
Vindictus EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:31 am by cherebi

» Flowsilver Palace: Judgement Mode
Vindictus EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:03 pm by cherebi

» Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel
Vindictus EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:33 pm by RoiRold

» Genie Build
Vindictus EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am by cherebi

» I'm going to be honest with you...
Vindictus EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:00 am by cherebi

» R9 Cost Estimation
Vindictus EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:46 pm by cherebi

» Moon Fairy and Night Shadow Sage/Demon Skills
Vindictus EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:30 pm by cherebi

» The strangeness of Absorb Soul
Vindictus EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 am by cherebi

» Mystic Build
Vindictus EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 10:58 am by cherebi

» MapleStory Thief Edition
Vindictus EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm by cherebi

Statistics
We have 168 registered users
The newest registered user is yalantalyb

Our users have posted a total of 5795 messages in 842 subjects

Vindictus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cherebi

cherebi

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:12 am

If you guys asking where I've been, I'm playing Vindictus Online (also called Mabinogi Heroes in KR).. Basically, pre-quel of Mabinogi.. I don't know much about Mabi, but all I know some of the bosses in VO have same names with bosses in Mabi.. The game itself emphasizes the usage of not just weapons, but also using objects and kicking to kill the mobs.. There is blood in this game (yes, there is).. Some are brutal like killing people and etc.. Game is mostly for adult (18+)..

The game itself is fantasy genre, emphazise on Greek Gods? (sorta), 3D graphic (high-quality).. If you don't have at least 4 GB RAM, then forget it, you can't run this game properly (means you gonna lag).. The newest graphic card is preferable if you want to run on high-quality.. If you want to run on just low quality, then standard graphic card is okay-ish (the one that comes when you buy computer or lappy nowadays)..

On to the game itself..
Three characters (soon to be four), Six weapons, Nine place of dungeons:

*Lann : twin spear/twin sword user (male character)
Lann starts out with twin swords.. Basically if you like shadower, dual blade in MS, then you probably like this character.. The playstyle is similar to shads/DB.. Invincibility frame to dodge, quick motion of attack, short range, melee, relies on critical hit (like thorn for DB). At higher level, you can use an SP skill that is similar to assaulter that hits 7 times (you can just picture how it looks like).. Twin spear will be more similar to the old dark knight in Maple Story.. You lose certain amount of HP to get huge boost in damage (berserk for Drk).. Twin spear is faster, has higher critical hit than twin sword.. However, spear Lann is also more vulnerable to dying compared to sword Lann.. Twin spear starts from level 24.. Lann primarily uses light armor at early level and heavy armor at higher level.. Primary stat: WIL (willpower), basically like dex in MS..

*Fiona : long sword + shield/long hammer + shield user (female character)
Fiona starts out with long sword.. Basically, she will be similar to paladin in MS.. The playstyle is like paly.. She has skills like guard (completely negate attack, just like the guard thing for paly in MS).. Her playstyle is rather difficult for beginner user because you have to time-out your shield correctly when monster is about to hit you, otherwise you will be taking damage.. Her base HP is lower than Lann, but if played correctly, she doesn't consume as much HP pots as Lann does.. If your shield breaks, you have to fix it right away.. Long hammer does more damage, longer range, but swing slower than long sword.. Long hammer starts from level 24.. Fiona primarily uses light armor at early level, heavy at middle level, and plate at higher level.. Primary stat: STR and defense (both are important)..

*Evie : staff/battle scythe user (female character)
Evie is just like any mage class in MS.. Everything in 1, from spell-bolting, mid-range mage (archmage); healing, ressurection (bishop); melee mage (battle mage).. One-thing all mages have in common is teleport to dodge and ultimates (yes, true for MS and VO apparently).. Evie's playstyle is easy at the beginning, but it gets harder at later level.. Her HP is low, but mana shield keeps her alive at times (mana shield equivalent to magic guard in MS).. Evie starts out with a staff.. Staff deals bolt damage, just like any mages in maple does.. At level 24, Evie can learn to use battle scythe which is like a polearm in MS.. Slow swing, highest base damage on each swing compared to other weapons.. Using battle scythe, Evie becomes a melee character and gets close to bosses (which becoming like battle mage).. After the staff update, staff and scythe are currently balanced out very nicely.. Evie starts out with cloth armor at low level and light armor at higher level.. Primary stat: INT

Character selection starts from when you create character, so choose your character wisely..

Background Story
People in Vindictus believe in Gods/Goddess.. They worship Gods.. Gods (Morrighan) promise a land where peace is established and there is no more wars.. The concept of Utopia (heaven) is the main object, although we all know from literature that Utopia is impossible in life.. There is no such things as perfect.. Instead, the reverse society happens (aha, same concept as Pink Bean in Maple?) where wars keep happening.. People fighting fomors (fomors refers to enemies in the game).. In the past, humans befriended spiders.. Humans protect spiders' nests and in turns, spiders become human's protectors.. Evil takes over spiders.. A giant spider (Wenshardt) causes riot in Bell Tower.. Your character is a rookie mercenary who kills Wenshardt in order to save the town (Colhen) and the people in there.. Soon, humans find out that gnolls (refer to wolf-like animals who were also befriended humans in the past) causes the spider to become evil.. All gnolls and spiders have their formorian symbols attached (meaning they are sided with evil).. But, who is the mastermind behind all the wars?

[b]
Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Jane left us for gore =(

cherebi wrote:
Game is mostly for adult (18+)..
And you're letting Raycheer play this?
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:52 pm

He's the one who plays first f3.. I'm only following..

Anyways, what I mean is the game is supposedly for adults.. But of course, the most population of the gamers are teenagers which is around 14-19 years old.. Me and Jeff are probably the oldest players in our guild, although I never bother to ask for people's age.. By the way they chat, it's certainly teenager's kind of chat..

Also, characters are gender-locked.. So, the estimate population of evie/fiona are played by 80% males.. There's quite a few female players I know, but they aren't much compared to female players in MS.. *Just estimating statistic*

Don't feel bad for BootyKnight f3..
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:00 am

Putting up vids for Vindictus now:

Lann:
*level 64 dual spear Lann vs Giant Polar Bear (hard mode, macha, solo, wearing dark crest set)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvkIsXjYIw

*level 64 dual sword Lann vs Giant Polar Bear (hard mode, macha, solo, wearing dark crest).. Same Lann as in above, he just uses different weapon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLhCNtFwqM&feature=related

Fiona:
*level 38 hammer Fiona vs Giant Polar Bear (hard mode, macha, solo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mWDk2m3des&feature=related

*level 38 sword Fiona vs Giant Polar Bear (different bears and different Fiona from above ^)
(hard mode, macha, solo, Blood Prince set)..
not the best solo.. She seems to block her shield so often when the bears ain't even gonna attack.. But at least no lag!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhnzhMWQrq0&feature=related

Evie:
*level 58+ scythe Evie vs Giant Polar Bear.. Can't see the level clearly, but she's at least level 58 since part of the set she's wearing is level 58.. (normal mode, macha, solo, Temptress set + Queen's Light Glory helm + Ivory Set)..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0JazyYSOjI

*level 64 staff Evie vs Giant Spider (normal mode, win with 3 or less player, Vehemence Set + Rakum Rakish staff)..
Again, not the best solo.. She uses palala and Golem and still takes a lot of damage.. Although, staff Evie isn't exactly the best for solo.. I feel that scythe Evie is a better soloer in most cases..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZLOqjpnG-E

Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:25 pm

The opening for that sword Fiona video looks like a character from Claymore.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:24 pm

No idea what Claymore is ;o

Anyways, Fiona can go under bosses without taking damage at all.. She's relying heavily on shield.. She also have the rolling-type of dodge like spear Lann does.. She's kinda hard to play in the beginning (and kinda get ksed by Lann and Evie), but at high level, she will be the last woman standing (higher survivability compared to Lann and Evie)..

Playstyle varies depending on bosses.. The trouble for beginner merc is mostly how to use the camera to aim your attack on bosses, how to use the camera to keep bosses in the middle of screen, how to position yourself when you are head to head with bosses.. By I mean beginner means that you never play this kind of game before, you only play games like MapleStory or Pokemon (which is side-scrolling, which is what I did).. So, coming to this game gives me new experience of different gaming playstyle..

Dodging skill:
*sword Lann - slip dash (gives invincibility frame while dashing twice, doesn't damage monsters)
*spear Lann - roll dodge (doesn't gives invincibility frame, but if it hits monster, it can deals critical hit damage)
*sword/hammer Fiona - roll dodge, shield (can do counterattack if shield works)
*staff Evie - mana amber (put yourself inside an erg crystal that will give you immunity to all attacks for 3 seconds or until amber is broken, your body become light and you can get thrown away in the air if monster hits your crystal), flying sparrow (just like WH double jump, damage monster if it hits, doesn't gives invincibility frame)..
*scythe Evie - blink (just like any mage's teleport in maple, doesn't do damage)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus Empty

Back to top Go down

Vindictus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: Games-
Jump to: