Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Star Chart System
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:31 am by cherebi

» Flowsilver Palace: Judgement Mode
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:03 pm by cherebi

» Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:33 pm by RoiRold

» Genie Build
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am by cherebi

» I'm going to be honest with you...
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:00 am by cherebi

» R9 Cost Estimation
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:46 pm by cherebi

» Moon Fairy and Night Shadow Sage/Demon Skills
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:30 pm by cherebi

» The strangeness of Absorb Soul
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 am by cherebi

» Mystic Build
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 10:58 am by cherebi

» MapleStory Thief Edition
Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm by cherebi

Statistics
We have 168 registered users
The newest registered user is yalantalyb

Our users have posted a total of 5795 messages in 842 subjects

Myst, I call upon thee!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Celestial Wurm

Celestial Wurm

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Myst, I call upon thee! Empty
PostSubject: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 am

As of this moment, I only have one character. Seriously. Just my Bishop. I'm looking to remedy this situation by creating another Magician.
However, I require your assistance. I don't know much about BB, or what's useful anymore, so I'm seeking your opinions, experiences, and wisdom.

My choices are,
Ice/Lightning Archmage
Fire/Poison Archmage
Blaze Wizard

Note: The character will be mostly unfunded. Only about 300-400m, unless I magically find a way to make some Mesos in the near future :].

I know plenty about I/L and F/P, but I do have a few questions. Which is more beneficial to party with? Which contributes (overall) more to bossing, whether through benefiting the party or simply straight damage. Which is (generally) quicker to level? Feel free to add anything that may help in my decision too, I'm a bit rusty when it comes to Maple overall.

AS for Blaze Wizard, I know nothing. Any information on them would be great!
Back to top Go down
http://celestialwurm.tumblr.com
DivineMyst
Admin
DivineMyst

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Myst

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:03 am

Blaze Wizard only goes up to 120, but at level 120 it gives 24att/matt blessing to all other characters on the account, as do all cygnus characters and I strongly recommend making one to up your damage.

Neither I/L or F/P is very beneficial to party with... the only skill that might help is slow which I believe F/Ps max. Both of their main 4th job attack books are really expensive now.

F/Ps basically mist their way through 3rd job so if you actually enjoy attacking and now waiting for monsters to get down to 1 hp, that might not be the class for you.

Other than that, I don't know much about mages as I've never made any of these characters past 5x.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildmyst.tk / www.guildimagine.tk
Celestial Wurm

Celestial Wurm

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:05 am

I thought that the blessing was changed so that it simply went off your highest level character and was no longer restricted to CKs. Is it still restricted? Perhaps I'll make a Blaze Wizard if this is the case.

Myst wrote:
Blaze Wizard only goes up to 120, but at level 120 it gives 24att/matt blessing to all other characters on the account, as do all cygnus characters and I strongly recommend making one to up your damage.
Back to top Go down
http://celestialwurm.tumblr.com
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 am

[Post #500]

Blessing of the Fairy is based off of the highest level character on your account and gives 1 skill level per 10 character levels. The highest level character's skill is based off of your second highest level character.

Empress' Blessing is based off of the highest level Cygnus on your account and gives 1 skill level per 5 Cygnus levels. All characters get this skill. The highest level Cygnus' skill is based off of your second highest level Cygnus.

Both skills have identical bonuses per level up, with the max level of Blessing of the Fairy being 20 (level 200 of any character) and Empress' Blessing being 24 (level 120 Cygnus). If there are to be skill levels in both skills, the skill with a higher level takes precedence and the lower level skill is ignored.

Empress' Blessing was released in the Lion Heart/King Castle patch.

TL;DR The Blessing skill specific to Cygnus is better for all characters than the original Blessing skill based off of any character.
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Making a Blaze Wizard for Empress Blessing is a good idea (+24 attk/mag attk).. Since Blaze Wizard only goes to level 120 (and I'm assuming you level fairly fast, seeing your level is 17x already), level 120 is gonna be fast and easy..

Do Note: KOC level twice as fast compared to adventurer/Aran/Evan/DB/Resistance due to superior damage of skills, 6 AP gain per level up from level 1 to 70, and instant 10% exp upon level up..

I would suggest you make a Blaze Wizard first for blessing mule.. After that, think about what magician class you like.. You should also consider Evan and Battle Mage as well if you love mages that much..

Pros and Cons of each:

*I/L mages: there is no doubt that chain lightning outdamages paralyze on 1 vs 1 (example: fighting bosses).. Chain lightning hit less mobs but it has stronger base attack compared to paralyze.. Chain lightning also has additional critical chance (+15% only to chain lightning).. In terms of training, I/L finds limitation of the usage of ice skills due to LHC monsters being ice resist (bearwolf).. You may argue that the archmages have elemental resist, but again elemental resist lower your damage.. It only helps you to do normal damage against mobs that resist your element, resulting in higher damage if you do normal damage compare to not-very effective damage.. But the damage is actually decreasing if you train on monsters that is neither ice or lightning resist..

*F/P mages: I don't know whether poison myst is fixed.. Regardless, F/P has the advantage of better mob killing compared to I/L.. Paralyze hits more mobs compared to chain lightning, and it creates damage over time.. The damage output isn't so great compared to chain lightning.. Certainly, doesn't have difficulty training at LHC due to bearwolf being fire weak..

*Evan: Evan uses fire attack mostly.. Evan certainly doesn't have difficulty training at LHC.. Longer range straight fire attack, very fast training but also very boring in my opinion.. You basically use same attack over and over.. The cons would be the skillbook that you have to buy from cash shop (magic guard, magic critical, and w/e else).. Some skillbooks also comes from zakum exclusive drops (soul stone, dark fog, blaze, and etc).. Evan has strong 1 vs 1 attack against bosses (illusion) and it's elementless so you don't have to worry about bosses being resist to certain elements and whatnot..

*Battle Mage: melee mage who is part of resistance class.. Battle Mage has a better overall aspects compared to any other mages.. Battle Mage can cast 3 auras (blue, yellow, and dark) that is very beneficial to party.. In fact, advanced dark aura is stronger than mw 30.. Battle Mage has high dps at bosses compared to any other mages.. The cons would be the cost of staff (Battle Mage is mage who use staff ONLY, can't use wands).. If you are super funded, you might want elemental staff (level 103 and level 163) as the staff being fast speed weapon.. fast speed means faster dps and you don't have to use advanced yellow aura to make up for the casting speed.. Battle Mage uses dark magic so it resist against nothing and super effective against nothing (same like elementless).. Doesn't take penalty for wearing ele staff.. However, you have to be really close when you do boss like zakum and HT since Battle Mage is typically a melee class.. Hence, the chance of getting killed by running into bosses is also high (talking about HT touch damage and czak seduced)..

Any class that you choose would certainly be different than your bishop:
-if you like bossing: I/L or Battle Mage is preferable.. I/L if you do mid-range, Battle Mage if you do melee
-if you like training: F/P or Evan is preferable.. They both doing fire attack, super-effective on bearwolf, training is easier..

Hope this helps you..

Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:34 pm

cherebi wrote:
Do Note: KOC level twice as fast compared to adventurer/Aran/Evan/DB/Resistance due to superior damage of skills, 6 AP gain per level up from level 1 to 70, and instant 10% exp upon level up..
OP classes COUGHMECHCOUGHDBCOUGH still outdamage and level faster than Cygnus =O
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 pm

No, my cygnus gets more %/hr than your mech.. and I don't even wear my proper equips for my cygnus.. I got about twice %/hr than adventurers do (same level, same map, different classes of course)..
Back to top Go down
topomaps

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 am

Hmm I guess funding, your level, and which type of adventure/cygnus are all variables on how fast you are going to level.

If you aren't real sure which mage you want to make, I would agree with Jane and make a blaze wizard for the blessing. This will probably be the easiest mage to level up to 120, and the +24 magic att will be a nice bonus for your other characters.

I've never played a mage before, but from what I hear, battle mages seem to be the best choice for bossing amongst all the mages. They generally do more dps at bosses than other mages (given equal funding) largely due to their powerful advanced dark aura.

To be honest I rarely see f/p and i/l mages around. They seem to be the most underpowered classes atm, since big bang made a cooldown on their ultimates. I suppose f/p may have a slight advantage training wise if you plan to bearwolf party after 4th job.
Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:43 pm

My Mech hasn't gone to a proper training map since level 67. I just remember Mech leveling 1.5 times as fast as CBx at the little Jester room while CBx was at the big one.

Level race. Now.
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Cause Cbx doesn't have equips.. and your mech has all your drk equips (which are loaded with %dex)..

Anyways back to topic:

As I said before, battle mage has better overall compared to other mages as of now.. Although, do not underestimate the other mages..

Looking ahead, Chaos patch give boosts to Evan..
Evan has the ability to tele randomly around the map, which makes Evan superior in terms of pvp against other mages.. They can sneak and attack from behind.. I don't know if you're going to do pvp and such.. But, it's more useful than just tele-ing around flat platform..

ArchMages I/L and F/P will also get a boost in Jump! Patch: The Spell of Awakening (which comes shortly after chaos patch).. The details:

F/P:
Spoiler:

I/L:
Spoiler:

Bishop (just in case you wanna continue playing it, here's the motivation):
Spoiler:

Evan (more updates from Jump! Patch):
Spoiler:

Credit to: Spadow

*Didn't bother to list changes for Blaze Wizards as they are just only blessing mule*

Basically, new skills are added.. Junk skills are removed (e.g. Mana Reflection)..
Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:44 am

The only problem with Evan is the ugh...CSSkillbooks. But they *seem* fun.

Personally I'd make a I/L or BaM. I like Ice Strike.
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:14 am

Screw Ice Strike f3.. Glacial chain <3
Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:40 am

Dark Chain looks so much better.

Ice Strike FTW!
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Reprievable wrote:
The only problem with Evan is the ugh...CSSkillbooks. But they *seem* fun.

I have an Evan and don't feel like playing it since I'm losing so much mp and hp everytime I got hit.. (lol mg level 5).. The attacks I have are slow and require some charging and stuff.. I also said boring because it seems to me that every Evan I saw trains at gallo spamming earthquake until like lvl 14x.. I also partied with an Evan and all he did is spamming earthquake (it's like doing genesis spamming).. Spawn got away and theres that time to chat while training.. So boring, not really my playstyle..
Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Would be nice if they would make endgame use of non-fire elements for Evan instead of the firefirespam and the occasional neutral spam.
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:03 am

It's not the element that bothers me actually.. It's the slowness of attack and the repetition of overkill damage makes me sick.. Just imagine a used-to-be-before-BB gene/meteor/blizz spamming.. Totally boring to me..

P.S. I got bored of shark wave spamming as well.. Shark used to do little damage that blast is better when u have bunch of mobs near you.. Now, shark has way more damage than blast, that it's not sufficient anymore to do blast..
Back to top Go down
Reprievable

Reprievable

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Get to 120 please.
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Reprievable wrote:
Get to 120 please.

Not in a mood to play Maple anymore and I'm so upset at people..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myst, I call upon thee!   Myst, I call upon thee! Empty

Back to top Go down

Myst, I call upon thee!
Page 1 of 1