The newest registered user is yalantalyb

Our users have posted a total of 5795 messages in 842 subjects

Share | 

Simple Guide to Merchanting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cherebi

PostSubject: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:56 pm

http://pwinsider.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/warrenwolfys-guide-to-merchanting-part-0/

Credit to: WarrenWolfy

I only read Type I merchant so far as I am not a pro merchant myself (I never have been anyways). I think this guide is great and works even for MapleStory.

Some mistakes I made when I try to merchanting:
-I want my stuff to sell out fast since I don't have much time to play the game.
-I'm not willing to take a risk for buying cheap stuff over other players. At the end of the day, I might not be able to sell it and losing money.
-Because I want to sell stuff fast, I end up putting low prices (undercutting other merchants).
-I am more of a grinder/farmer at heart. I like to farm easy stuff myself and sell them out later. Warren says that a merchant can only merch, not doing farmers/grinders job. For me, grinding/farming has no risk of losing money.
-Maybe I'm a little cashshopper. I cashshop a bit because I don't have the fund and want to buy expensive stuff.

I recommend that everyone read this. Also, identify yourself as a merchant, cashshopper, or a grinder/farmer. If you think that you spend more real life money than the money you generate in game, consider yourself a cashshopper.

Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Myst

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Wow, that's a very nice guide!

I think that I'm a bit of each... I tend to sell stuff that I farm in catshop, but it's all random stuff so it's not really merchanting. Although after reading this, I think I might try Type 1 merchant as they seem to make the most amount of money and less hassle about worrying over prices. That's what I disliked about merchanting is how I always had to find out what the prices were for items and I wasn't always able to find them. I also think that I'll probably farm the items that I plan to sell as it'll save me money and since I have lots of low leveled characters, I'll be getting these items anyways.

I also do spend real money on the game, but I try to limit myself and almost always only buy stuff on sale if I can help it. I usually spend $10 a month, but if nothing good goes on sale, I don't buy more if I still have a fair amount of money (more than 5 gold), so that way I'm not spending THAT much. Although at first I did spend a lot... flyers and fashion, but once I got that I didn't need to get more, so I think the flyers and fashion were a good investment since they last forever and I use them all the time. Sadly I think if I had to choose just one type (Farmer, Merchant/Cashshopper), I would be a cashshopper.

Thank you Jane Jane for posting this guide... it's made me see that I probably spend too much real money on this (even though I spend a LOT less on PWI than on Maple) and I'm going to try to grind and sell more in catshops so that I don't have to spend as much real money on this game.

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:54 am

Well, good for you.. I will always be a farmer since I have no time to merch.. In this game, I usually lose money equal to what I earn (unless I grind on 2x drops, that's when I get more income than spending).. I'm thinking of selling azureworm silks since I got them all the time.. Although, please tell me how many silks you need and how many you have.. If you have more than enough, I will sell them over the auction.. The crafting stuff sells really well..

Please Post for these crafting stuff (how many you need vs how many you have):
1. Azureworm silk
2. Colored Glue
3. Reinforced Leather
4. Glaze

I order them based on the amount I give you so far.. I don't know how many mats you earn yourself.. But based on what I gave you, you should have over 300 silks by now just from me.. Second will be colored glue since I grind adalwolfs and do too much petaliis.. Reinforced leather is from Hare.. I got them sometimes when I do quests or farming ores.. Glaze is practically from all flying mobs, which I rarely kill unless it is for quest..

Please post as fast as possible, I totally need the extra 50k-100k from the crafting mats an hour..

Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 pm

I know I have like 300 azureworm silks, only 100-200 colored glue, not much reinforced leather -- less than 100, glaze... I'm not sure. But yeah, I'm gonna do all my crafting stuff hopefully this week... or at least try to do it. And yeah, I have no idea how many mats you gave me and how many I got myself, lol. So I'll just assume it's like 3/4ths or 2/3rds from you... I know you gave me more than I got, so yeah. I just hope it's not too hard to upgrade blacksmith and tailor... not sure about craftsman, that's just ring, pendant, belt... not sure how much I need that. Apothecary is easy as pie all you do is make potions and then buy the book, I really wish the other crafting skills were like that.

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 am

The order of importance for me is:

Tailor > Blacksmith > Craftsman

Tailor = need to make Acrobatic and then upgrade to Archangel
Blacksmith = need to make lvl 90 wep, after that screw it and just get lvl 95 Morai wep or r8
Craftsman = totally need it once we unlock OHT maps.. Remember those ele pendants and belts that can have -channeling on the add-ons.. The only ring you need to craft is probably Auspicious Ring: Order for the channeling..

Apoth is easy. Just need to farm herbs and done.

Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:10 pm

I have 266 azureworm silks and ...nothing else after getting my Lv6 skills. I ended up having to buy corundum, steel alloy, colored glue, reinforced leather, glaze, high-grade lumber, charcoal, leather, and compound oil to finish my Lv6 skills.

For Lv4 manufacturing skills, I needed 9 2 star items and I spent about 5m plus I used the mats that you and I farmed.
For Lv6 manufacturing skills, I needed 15 2 star items and I spent about 15m plus I used the mats that you and I farmed.
To get Lv8 manufacturing skills I need 22 2star items... I don't know if I want to do this since it seems like the amount of money needed highly increases even if I use farmed mats and I really don't want to farm THAT much, you know. It might be better... if I do think I need the Lv8 manufacturing skills that I buy them from the cash shop while they're on sale. I've seen them on sale twice since I started playing, both times for 10 gold each instead of the normal 30 gold. I think this might be better if I plan to do the Lv8 ones.

DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Lv8
BlackSmith
Sunblade- 6 Extruded Charcoal, 3 Broken Blue Jade, 6 High Alloy Steel, 6

Super Glue, 6 Superior Leather

Soaring Phoenix Bow- 12 Superior Leather, 3 Broken Blue Jade, 6 High Alloy

Steel, 6 Super Glue, 6 Superior Leather

Dancing Butterfly Blades- 12 Compacted Glaze, 3 Broken Blue Jade, 6 High

Alloy Steel, 6 Super Glue, 6 Superior Leather

2 Crouching Tiger Pestle- 7 Extruded Charcoal, 3 Broken Blue Jade, 6 High

Fallen Phoenix Crossbow- 13 Superior Leather, 3 Broken Blue Jade, 6 High

2 Voidflash Spear- 6 Granite, 3 Broken Blue Jade, 6 High Alloy Steel, 6

Super Glue, 6 Superior Leather

Tailor
Dialectician's Sinh- 3 Lumber Essence, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Vega String,

4 Extruded Charcoal, 4 Compacted Glaze

Kirin Cuisses- 3 High Alloy Steel, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Vega String, 4

Extruded Charcoal, 4 Compacted Glaze

Veteran Armor of Greatness- 6 Superior Leather, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Vega

String, 4 Extruded Charcoal, 4 Compacted Glaze

Boots of Greatness- 5 Superior Leather, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Vega String,

4 Extruded Charcoal, 4 Compacted Glaze

2 Dialectician's Loafers- 3 Lumber Essence, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Vega

String, 4 Extruded Charcoal, 4 Compacted Glaze

2 Kirin Greaves- 3 High Alloy Steel, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Vega String, 4

Extruded Charcoal, 4 Compacted Glaze

Craftsman
Ring of Heavenly Piety- 3 Granite, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Lumber Essence, 4

Super Glue, 4 Compacted Glaze

Fossil Necklace- 3 Granite, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Lumber Essence, 4 Super

Glue, 4 Compacted Glaze

Drunken Fairie Pendant- 6 Superior Leather, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Lumber

Essence, 4 Super Glue, 4 Compacted Glaze

2 Matchless Ring- 3 Extruded Charcoal, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Lumber

Essence, 4 Super Glue, 4 Compacted Glaze

2 Divine Light Pendant- 6 Superior Leather, 1 Broken Blue Jade, 4 Lumber

Essence, 4 Super Glue, 4 compacted Glaze

Total (to make 1 of each):
Extruded Charcoal- 55
Broken Blue Jade- 39
High Alloy Steel- 57
Super Glue- 76
Superior Leather- 102
Compacted Glaze- 72
Granite- 18
Lumber Essence- 37
Vega String- 32

I usually get the 2star item after about 4-5 crafting of a particular item, although for Lv6 one item just didn't like me and I crafted it 14 times before I got a 2star. I even got a 3star of it... which is sad.

I think Lv8 will be too much work, so if I think I need it, I'll just buy the books in boutique when they're on sale.

DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Hah! Triple post... oh well...
I won't be able to do Lv6 Apothecary until Lv89 ish unless I buy the herbs as they are only in Momaganon and Lothranis, which you can't enter until you are doing your Lv89 Culti. =[

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:48 am

I would suggest to farm ores as they are easily farmable.. It doesn't take long to farm.. About the glue, leather, silk (vega string), and glaze, I would try giving u some of those as much as I could.. So far, I haven't seen any of those dropping from mobs lvl 1-80.. So, maybe lvl 81+?

Ah sorry, I didn't notice you need broken blue jade.. I got tons of it yesterday from Archo event.. I guess I'm giving you the jade again when I got it..

Try to farm first before buying from cs.. Although yea, if skills go on sale, it's much cheaper to buy it from cs (10 gold each craftsman, blacksmith, tailor = 30 gold total).. I hope we know some ways to farm coins for gold at higher levels..

Question:
What lvl craftsman do you need to craft Sky Demon's Pearl? (lvl 87 Protection Necklace)
I might need you to craft it by lvl 87..

Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah, the materials that only drop from mobs are the worst... so hard to get. I can buy the broken glue jade from npc, but I think it's like 15k? I know the jade for the lv6 mats was 10k each. And I know I should farm, I do when I do quests or sometimes I grind a little, but I'm not really a full scale farmer... it takes too much time... I got my Lv6 skills done in 2 days, if I had farmed all the mats for them it probably would have taken me a week or maybe longer.

I think I can make the Sky Demon's Pearl right now or at lv7, I'll have to check to be sure, but I know it's before Lv8 because Lv8 skills are at Lv99.

cherebi

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Level 7 craftsman doesn't cost much?

I'm aiming for Sky Demon's Pearl atm.. Gonna try getting Cube Pendant once I get rich (if I ever get rich).. Still need to know how Cube and Adv Cube works..

Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Oh, I forgot to look into Lv7, but I don't need specific items for that... so I will just get whatever needs the fewest or cheapest materials. I do, however, need to make 15 items for each manufacturing skill. Guess I'll look into that now to see what I need.

DivineMyst
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:48 pm

I can't do level 7 until I'm at least lv89 since they all require lv5 mats which are only farmable inside Momaganon and Lothranis.

I'm unsure if I'll get lv8, but I need to decide by lv89 or 90 because it would be better for me to either make the weapons, equips, and ornaments that I need for lv8 crafting so that I don't waste materials or make all the easiest, cheapest ones and then stop or buy the books in the cash shop.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Guide to Merchanting   

Back to top Go down

Simple Guide to Merchanting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1