Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Star Chart System
HP Washing EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:31 am by cherebi

» Flowsilver Palace: Judgement Mode
HP Washing EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:03 pm by cherebi

» Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel
HP Washing EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:33 pm by RoiRold

» Genie Build
HP Washing EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am by cherebi

» I'm going to be honest with you...
HP Washing EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:00 am by cherebi

» R9 Cost Estimation
HP Washing EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:46 pm by cherebi

» Moon Fairy and Night Shadow Sage/Demon Skills
HP Washing EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:30 pm by cherebi

» The strangeness of Absorb Soul
HP Washing EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 am by cherebi

» Mystic Build
HP Washing EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 10:58 am by cherebi

» MapleStory Thief Edition
HP Washing EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm by cherebi

Statistics
We have 168 registered users
The newest registered user is yalantalyb

Our users have posted a total of 5795 messages in 842 subjects

HP Washing

Go down 
+2
Katsuzie
DivineMyst
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DivineMyst
Admin
DivineMyst

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Myst

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:31 am

The Formulas:

Min MP Formula for Spearman class = 4 X level + 156
Min MP Formula for Fighter class = 4 x level + 56
Min MP Formula for Bow/Crossbow job = level x 14 + 148
Min MP Formula for before 2nd job Thieves = level x 14 – 4
Min MP Formula for after 2nd job Thieves = level x 14 + 148
Min MP Formula for Pirate class = level x 18 + 111

MP needed to wash one point:

Warriors = 4
Thieves/Bowmen = 12
Pirates = 16

~Guide based mostly on HP washing a thief/bowmen.

What exactly is HP washing?
HP Washing is the process by which, a character loses MP and gains HP. This works because HP and MP have a common Ability Point (AP) pool.
You need to spend a lot of NX Cash or MTS on AP Resets from the Cash Shop in order to HP Wash.

How does one HP Wash?
You need spare AP in order to to HP Wash.
The game won't let you put points into HP if they were gained using an AP Reset. You can only allocate points into HP (And MP, for that matter) if you have AP from leveling up.

To HP Wash, put 1 AP into HP and then use an AP Reset from the Cash Shop on MP. It'll let you.
Put the point into whatever stat you want (Except for HP/MP*). Those should be either STR, DEX, INT, or LUK.

You can't wash circularly. You cannot: Put a point in HP > AP Reset out of MP > The same point goes back into HP, repeat.

The game will only let you take a point out of MP as long as you have 148+Level*14 base MP or more.
That means that if at level 120 you have 1828 MP, you can wash, but if you only have 1827 MP, it won't let you take a point out of MP.

How much do you gain/lose?
For every point you put into HP, you gain 20 HP (On average) and for every point you take out of MP, you lose 12 MP.
On average, at level 120~ people can wash around 13 times. That means, that for the price of 13 AP Resets you gain around 240 HP and lose 156 MP.

How HP Washing works and how to get the most out of it.
HP Washing works by taking your "spare" MP (All MP gained above the 14 MP minimum with 4 base INT) and turning it into HP.
It has been proven that leveling up with INT equips on, increases your MP gained at around 10 extra INT = 1 additional MP on level-up.
Some say that you only gain additional MP on level-up for "whole" 10 extra INT points. So you gain 1 extra MP for +10-19, 2 for +20-29, etc.

Now that sounds unremarkable, but if you level with +50 INT, that means you gain an extra 5 MP, so for every 3 levels you level with these equips on, you get an additional HP Wash (Or to be more precise, 5 washes per 12 levels).

Now, level 60 times like that (Or 90, if you start that early), and you've got a total of 43 washes you can perform instead of 13.
750 HP gained as opposed to 240.

INT Equip Suggestions
One thing to keep in mind, is that you're very well off if you have a close LUK-less Mage friend.

Helms:
- Zakum Helmet - 15 INT
- INT-scrolled common Hat - Can even go above 15 INT.
- INT Black Bandana, Purple Wisconsin, Maple Helm, or Pirate Hat.

Overalls:
- An INT scrolled Sauna from a Mage friend. You can get upwards of 20 INT from one of these, so make sure to make an effort.

Earrings:
- Earrings can easily go up to 9 INT nowadays at pretty affordable prices. If you have some REALLY good connections, you can get 12+ INT Earrings.
- 4-5 INT Earrings are dirt-cheap nowadays.

Cape:
- Most Mages over 50 use Purple Adventurer Capes, so just INT Capes are pretty cheap. Aim for an 11+ INT Cape.
- 5-8 INT Capes are very cheap.

Weapon:
- The Wooden Wand is a common, meaning you can scroll it for INT and get the biggest Weapon-based INT boost from it possible.
- Goblin Bat (+5 INT), free from the final quest in Korean Folk Town, after you defeat the Goblins.
- +1 INT Pumpkin Basket, and any +2 or more INT common weapons.

Gloves:
- 1-3 INT Yellow Work Gloves. Luckless mages grab these up quick, so try and borrow if you can.
- INT Scrolled common Gloves. These are extremely rare, if you find one with +3 or more INT, you're good to go.

Shoes:
- +1-3 INT Yellow Snowshoes. No other common Shoes add INT.

Shield:
- Any common Shield scrolled for INT will do you nothing but a world of good. Stolen Fences, Pan Lids and common-class Maple Shields.

Why Wash?
Obviously, more HP means it's easier for you to survive.
But what good is there to a tiny bit more of HP?
The only times you should HP wash is if you can (afford to) wash enough to either take an extra hit from what you train on.
Or gain enough HP for better survivability at bosses. With proper INT equips, it isn't unheard of to reach 4k HP at level 120. (I got 4k HP at 126 >.<)

For many, the only worth while reasons to wash as an Archer or Thief are:
3.6k HP - One of the Pianus (The left one I believe) does around this much damage, so once you have this much HP, you can solo it safely.
3.7k HP - Being able to safely take a hit from Skelegons.
4.1k HP - Being able to tank Pap's bombs, enabling easy solos, or being part of HB-less parties at just about all bosses.
4.8k HP - HT minimum.

Summary:
If you've got a lot of real money to burn on AP Resets, and you want to get the most out of your character, go for it. But be advised that unless you leveled with INT equips on, your results will be limited and far from astonishing. You won't quite reach the goals you set when you started HP Washing.

~http://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2008/09/17/maplestory-ultimate-hp-washing-guide-complete-hp-wash-guide/
~http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1359085

Last edited by Myst on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildmyst.tk / www.guildimagine.tk
Katsuzie

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Wow nice guide.

I went around 25 times wash then 2 levels of Blood wash ( put AP into HP rather than LUK or your main Stat).

If you are hard core, do HP wash all the way. If you are not, do some Blood wash. It wont hurt your damage much and save you tone of real money.

If a NL want to do HT, they need to do HP wash early. If you dont, you wont have enough HP to do HT til late 17x.

Whats about Archer? They dont need to HP wash to join HT cuz they are mostly SE mule. That mean they can just wear HP gears and survive to SE the party. For NL, they are main attackers so nobody take a NL with tons of HP gears but nooby attack equipts.
Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin
DivineMyst

Character sheet

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:47 pm

What!?!?1 Archers are pro attackers f3

And is the hp gain the same (avg) for archers and thieves?
I haven't started HP washing my hermit yet, but I have leveled her w/ int equips since 8x.

I'm probably just gonna wash up hermit so she has 4k hp at 125 like my bm (w/mon)
and hp earrings are probably the only equip I'd want as an attacker since they don't make as much of a different in att than say gloves or cape. ;o
Back to top Go down
Katsuzie

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Having alot of HP is always good thing. The downside is very expensive. Being archer, you have the benefit of not worry about your damage, so you can just use HP gears without having anyone questioning you. Thats big different between Archer and Sin, money wise.

I think since they have similar HP range, they probably gain same amount of HP per wash. Leveling your Sin with Int is excellent way. Later on if you decide to wash it, its always good to have those extra MP.
Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin
DivineMyst

Character sheet

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Update: added pirate's formula to the list~
Back to top Go down
FMcDeath

FMcDeath

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 am

Just wanted to let you know when I got my free ap resets from that event I was able to take points out of mp and put it into hp at a rate of 4 mp/20 hp
Back to top Go down
Jazberry

Jazberry

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:50 am

I wish it worked that way for me, Lon. I did that and got -12 mp/+20 hp. This low mp is annyoing having to pot all the time...ahh need to level so I can finally get concentrate!
Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin
DivineMyst

Character sheet

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:29 am

When you use AP resets to take directly out of MP and into HP you only get the minimum amount of HP. When you use your level up AP to put into HP, the number is random... well it's between a set amount, but the highest number is higher than the minimum HP which is 20. The highest I've gotten was 24 HP from one point.
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:35 pm

24 hp is for what class?

Bowmaster/Marksman/NL
I know for the fact that my BM gets 16-20 hp per washing.. Never less than 16, never more than 20.. I get 16-20 hp per washing if I do:

1) put pts in hp, using the lvl up AP that I got
2) use AP reset, take out pts from mp and put into dex.. MP deduction is always -12, and dex is +1

HP per level up is 20-24 hp

TB/pirates in general
I personally never try to hp wash my TB (not that important anyways), but my TB gets 52-56 hp per level after max hp increase goes to lv 10 (max).. Before max hp increase, she gets 22-26 hp per level up which if you compare to BM/MM/NL, she already gets more hp per level up.. Pirates in general losing 16 mp per washing (which is why it's harder to wash a pirate).. and I'm not sure how much hp that she got per wash since I never wash anyway...
Back to top Go down
Napiex

Napiex

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:26 am

so this is worthless for a warrior? Razz
Back to top Go down
DivineMyst
Admin
DivineMyst

Character sheet

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:03 pm

It's nearly worthless for any class now, except maybe bowmen. Warriors get HP boost 1st job, brawlers and thieves get HP boost 2nd job, bowmen at 4th job... and there's so many HP equips out there now that there's not much to no need for it.
Back to top Go down
cherebi

cherebi

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 am

You still need to wash as an archer.. Archer gets hp boost really late at level 150+.. Dont think that bosses will hit small damage.. Chaos boss hits like 25k magic attack or so? HP equips will be very helpful (i refer to ONLY and ONLY chaos zakum helmet that comes with 10% hp clean).. If your character takes so much damage and/or die alot at boss runs, expect rex earrings to be broken during run.. So, rex earrings aren't good hp equips at boss runs especially if your character die alot (archers, sairs, name it.. Classes with low hp and sucks avoid)..

No offense, I'm an archer myself and I feel like my hp is too low and my avoid sucks and I die alot..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HP Washing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HP Washing   HP Washing Empty

Back to top Go down

HP Washing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Maple :: Strategies-
Jump to: